As a full time traveler, I’m constantly looking for ways to minimize my travel costs. I’ve put together a list of resources that I constantly use while traveling to help you travel better and smarter.
The resources listed below are the same ones that I use when traveling. These websites, devices and accessories helped me save lots of money and time each time I go to a new destination. From booking cheap flights to finding cheap accommodation, everything is listed below.
Where I find cheap flights
– This is my all time favorite website to book flights. My favorite thing about it is the “everywhere” feature which basically allows you to search for the cheapest flights worldwide. For example, if I am in Bali and want to travel to a new country, I choose “everywhere” as a destination and Skyscanner shows me which are the cheapest flights. How awesome is that?
Where I find my accommodation
– I love Booking because it has a user-friendly interface and you can sort the properties by ratings, price and location. I usually go for properties with review scores above 9 and under 15$ per night but you can refine your search based on your own preferences.
– If you want to feel at home wherever you are around the world, Airbnb is a great choice. If you’re new to Airbnb, get $35 off
your first stay.
The best travel insurance
– Better safe than sorry. Having a good travel insurance is the most important thing while traveling. You never know what could happen and being covered is the best thing you can do. World Nomads has awesome travel insurance plans. Check them out
How I take awesome photos
– I use a Canon M50 and I absolutely love it! It’s small, easy to carry and takes incredible photos. If you are looking for an affordable & lightweight camera which takes amazing photos, I definitely recommend the Canon M50
– Each and every photo posted on this blog and on my Instagram page has been edited in Lightroom. Lightrom is an app (available for desktop and mobile) which allows you to alter the colors and lightning of photos. Check out my free presets (photo filters) here
– I use a DJI Mavic Pro for all my drone photos. I really love this foldable drone and it’s perfect for travel.
My favorite travel accessories & devices
– This is a must have for every traveler. Our portable hotspot allowed us both to stayed connected to the internet using only one SIM card. This device is a true money saver!
– Throughout my one and half year long travel journey, I traveled with only one backpack. It’s really important to choose the right backpack for your needs but if you are looking for some inspiration, I definitely recommend my Quechua backpack
My portable battery
– Travel can be unpredictable and you never know when you’ll be in the middle of nowhere with no access to electricity. The best way to keep your phone alive is to have a portable battery with you.
Awesome travel apps I use
– For those times when you won’t have access to internet, use this awesome offline map. Make sure to download the country’s map beforehand and you’re all set. You can build routes and search for tourist attractions on this offline map.
– This app is one of my favorites. Select the countries you’ve visited and check out the map to see how much of the world you’ve seen.