Are you looking for the most Instagrammable spots in Koh Samui? Look no further. I’ve been to almost every corner of this beautiful island in search for the best Koh Samui photography spots and I’ve compiled a list with them.
If you want to create amazing content for your Instagram or just practice your photography skills these places are the perfect choice.
1. Silver Beach
With the most beautiful water I’ve ever seen, beautiful rocks and thousands of colorful fish, Silver Beach is a true tropical paradise. You can stick to the well known traditional photos or try some half-half underwater shots with the fish.
Either way, a trip to the Silver Beach will guarantee you tens of photography opportunities.
To read more about this beautiful beach, check out this article.
2. Hin Ta & Hin Yai
One of the top attractions in Koh Samui are 2 unusually shaped stones – Hin Ta & Hin Yai. Right near the touristy area where everybody takes pictures there is a small lagoon surrounded by huge stones.
Even though the place is full of tourists, almost none of them will even bother to take a dip in this beautiful lagoon or photograph it. Take advantage and take some amazing photos here!
3. Overlap Stone
One of my favorite photography spots in Koh Samui is the Overlap Stone. Even though the Overlap Stone is pretty hard to find (check out my article with all the details you need here), the view up there is totally worth it.
Moreover, this place is not on tourists’ radar yet so there is a high chance that you will have the Overlap Stone just for yourself.
5. Laem Yai Beach
This beautiful Koh Samui secret beach is well hidden from tourists in the western part of the island. If you want to photograph remote, wild beaches, this is the perfect spot.
The beach is almost always empty but you can find a few hammocks if you’re lucky.
4. Na Muang Waterfall 2
This is a rising star on Instagram and social media in general. If you’re feeling adventurous, climb to the top of Na Muang Waterfall 2 and shoot one of the 2 natural pools with incredible jungle views.
If you want to have the place just for yourself, make sure to be there at around 8am.
Getting to this waterfall can be tricky because Google Maps won’t take you to the correct location. Check out my article here to read more details about this waterfall and how to get to it.
6. Lamai BeachThis long stretch of sand is a great place to shoot some incredible scenery. I recommend going here during the sunset when the light is warmer and shoot the palm trees and the huge stones.
This is one of the most popular beaches in Koh Samui and sometimes it might be pretty crowded. Therefore, you should either be there pretty early or during the sunset.
Read more about the best beaches for swimming in Koh Samui.
7. Wat Plai Laem TempleWat Plai Laem Temple is a true gem for any photographer. With many temples with different styles, you can truly get that Asian vibe for your photos. In my opinion, this is one of the best Instagram spots in Koh Samui.
If you are visiting during the high season, make sure to be there early in order to have the temple just for yourself.
8. Wat Phra Yai TempleAnother popular temple in Koh Samui and a great place for photos is Wat Phra Yai Temple. The most impressive part of this temple is the big golden Buddha statue which overlooks the island. This is definitely one of the most beautiful temples in Koh Samui.
Where to stay in Koh Samui
I’ve searched for the best accommodation on Koh Samui, for every budget. I recommend staying somewhere near the Bophut area where all the restaurants, bars and shopping malls are located. Here are the best hotels to choose from:
- Budget – Gecko Hotel – great location, clean & spacious rooms, very friendly and helpful owner
- Mid Budget – Ban Mok – beachfront villa, beautiful infinity pool, excellent location, modern & spacious rooms
- Luxury – Sensimar Resort & Spa – rooms with private pool, excellent location on the beach, modern & luxurious hotel, breakfast included
I am sure that these places will help you take some amazing photos in Koh Samui. If you know any other beautiful spots, please let me know in the comments.
May the travel bug bite you!
More about Koh Samui:
- Koh Samui transport options with prices – click here
- 8 Koh samui amazing hidden gems – click here
- A step back in time at Bophut Fisharman’s Village Koh Samui – click here
Pin it for later!