Finding accurate information about getting a Vietnam visa from Sihanoukville proved harder than expected. This is why, after I managed to get my visa from the Sihanoukville Vietnam Consulate I want to share with you all the steps and information needed.
Where to get the Vietnam visa in Sihanoukville
1. From an agent
Most of the tour companies do provide visa services. The best place to look for such a company is near the Sihanoukville Ferry Terminal. However, choosing this service will cost you more money and time. Since you also have to pay for the agent who will do the visa formalities, the price will be more expensive (starting with $75). Also, getting the visa will take 3-5 days.
If you are planning to spend the night in Sihanoukville, check out my review about the Independence Hotel.
2. Directly from the Sihanoukville Vietnam Consulate
The easiest option is to go directly to the Sihanoukville Vietnam Consulate (check the map above for the exact location).
310, Ekareach Boulevard
Monday to Friday: 8 am – 12 pm, 2pm – 4 pm;
Saturday: 8 am – 12 pm;
In order to get your Vietnam visa from the Sihanoukville Vietnam Consulate you will need the following documents:
- passport photo – you will have to bring your own photo. The Consulate does not provide such services.
- passport – must be valid for at least 6 more months.
- complete a form – you will find it at the consulate. I do suggest bringing a pen with you. You will have to fill in information about the date of entry in Vietnam (you may not enter the country before that date), where you are going to stay and some personal, standard information.
Depending on the type of visa you want (one month or three month) the price is different. For the one month visa with possibility of extension, I paid $50. However, I don’t know the price for the three month visa since it was not displayed.
Other useful information
The good news is that you can get your Vietnam visa from Sihanoukville Vietnam Consulate in the same day. I would suggest to be there as early as possible just to make sure that everything runs smoothly. Another advantage is that you don’t have to go in person to pick up your passport. If you are traveling in a bigger group, one person is enough to pick up all the passports.
Although the procedure for applying for the Vietnam visa is pretty straightforward and it will take just a few minutes, picking up your passport might take more time. Expect to wait around one hour.
Overall, the process of getting my Vietnam visa from Sihanoukville was pretty simple. I would totally recommend getting the visa from the Sihanoukville Vietnam Consulate since the process is easy and it is the the cheapest option.
More about Cambodia:
- A complete travel guide to Koh Rong – click here
- Top 10 Angkor Wat Instagram spots – click here
- Visit Kampong Phluk floating village during dry season – click here
Pin it for later!