Where to take passport photos in Bali – 2019

As a digital nomad who is living in Bali for almost 4 months now, the time came when I needed to take a passport-sized photo for my China visa application. After checking out lots of useless posts and recommendations on Trip Advisor, I’ve decided to write a short article to help you.

If you’re looking for places to take passport photos in Denpasar area, you are in the right place.

Before I tell you where you can take a visa photo in Denpasar or Kuta area, I want to share a few things:

• some say on Trip Advisor that there is a passport photo centre at Carrefour, Denpasar. I’ve been there in December 2018 and this information is no longer up to date.
  • if you need the photos for your China visa application, keep in mind that they have specific dimensions, different from the usual passport photos

After searching in several places around Denpasar, we’ve found Bali Pro Photo Center. Located in the city, they take professional passport photos for any type of visa (even Chinese).

Passport photos Bali

Chinese visa photo requirements – photo size: 48mm x 33mm, width of head: 15mm to 22mm, height of head: 28mm to 33mm

Usual photo requirements – photo size: 35mm x 45mm

The price for 6 passport photos in Bali is 30,000 IDR and you can have the photos in 10 minutes.

For the exact location of Bali Pro Photo Center, please check the map below. You can easily get to Bali Pro Photo Center from Canggu, Seminyak or Kuta.

May the travel bug bite you!

More about Bali:

6 Comments

1. RS.
    March 14, 2019 / 10:58 am

amazing info, thanks for this exactly what I needed!

• dailytravelpill
      Author
      March 15, 2019 / 2:32 am

Happy I could help!

2. Dan
    June 11, 2019 / 9:02 am

Awesome info, did you apply for a Chinese visa whilst in Bali? I am also traveling to China after Bali for a month (visa already sorted) but am looking to extend my visa whilst I am overseas

• dailytravelpill
      Author
      June 12, 2019 / 1:09 am

Hey. I did not apply for the visa in Bali but I know that you can at the embassy in Denpasar. Happy travels!

3. Brandon
    June 14, 2019 / 2:08 am

Bali Pro Photo Centre was closed when I went there (10am, Friday 14 June 2019). However, Sinar Photo Kuta which is just around the corner was open and did passport photos (30k for a group of photos).

Happy travels!

Cheers
    Brandon

• dailytravelpill
      Author
      June 14, 2019 / 2:40 am

Hi Brandon. Thanks for letting me know. I checked and it says that they open at 10 am. Maybe they were a bit late today haha. Thanks for sharing.